Caring for your jewellery
Fashion jewellery is a fun and affordable way to accessorise, but can also be very delicate. Making our the majority of our range from non-precious metals is how we manage to keep our collection so wallet friendly.
Remember that it is not solid gold/silver (unless stated) and anything the wearer comes into contact with can affect the plating. Individual wear and lifestyle can also be a factor. In time, and depending on care taken and the amount of wear, fashion jewellery pieces are susceptible to having the gold/silver wearing away.
To prevent your accessories from breaking or tarnishing easily, follow these simple tips, which will keep your fashion jewellery looking fabulous, fresh and intact for as long as possible.
• be extra careful with plated jewellery not to scuff; keep separate from other jewellery which may scratch it. Keep protected in a jewellery box;
• avoid exposing your jewellery to solvents, perfumes, hair sprays or other chemicals. Make sure that these are applied and fully absorbed before putting on your jewellery;
• oils in skin and sulphur in some knitwear can tarnish jewellery, but this can be kept minimal by caring for it;
• do not wear your jewellery whilst in bed, showering, gardening, doing housework, swimming or at the gym;
• keep away from hard surfaces. Bumps and scratches will cause the gold layer to wear away faster;
• do not wear plated jewellery all of the time;
• put jewellery on last when dressing and take off first when undressing;
• to prevent jewellery tarnishing, use some anti-tarnish tissue paper to wrap your fashion jewellery in, which will give your jewellery the best protection against blemishing;
• for a nice polished finish, use a soft cloth or an eyeglasses cleaning cloth, either way- both work wonders.
We hope these tips guide you on how to care for your fashion jewellery; in order to give your jewellery collection the longevity that it deserves.